Monday, June 27, 2016

It's Been Awhile

Wow, I am sorry its been entirely too long. I want to give a quick recap of the past few months.

I mentioned previously that we had decided to take a couple of months and have a break to emotionally and physically regroup. 
In January, I met with my new doctor. I brought all of my paperwork from my previous doctor and had all my answers for her ready to go. She took one look at me and at my paper work and said 
"You don't have PCOS. I have to confirm through bloodwork, but I am 99% sure you were misdiagnosed."

I'm telling you I felt so much relief and so much disappointment all in one moment, it's a little hard to explain. On one hand for almost 3 years, I had an answer, was on medication and on a path to which I thought was going the right direction. On the other, I thought maybe, just maybe - there is a simpler answer to getting our little one! 

After bloodwork confirmed that I do not have PCOS, my new doctor decided that because I was misdiagnosed, she needed to redo all the testing. So in I went for 2 procedures, countless bloodwork, another analysis for Jon, etc. 

In March the doctor brought us in and said "There is no obvious reason for why you are not getting pregnant. Everything is fine, but you have been trying for long enough - let's get you pregnant!"
Jon asked our doctor, "How many people have unexplained infertility?" and she explained that about 50% of the couples she sees have no answer. If you are in that boat - I feel your frustration.

But, can I just say, I love this doctor? She and her staff have been truly amazing the last 3 months and I feel so comfortable with the journey we are on now, even when we don't have answers. 


So the plan was set that we would do three rounds of injectables with timed intercourse. In April we started our first round of injections. I never thought I would be so excited to give myself a shot every night. I had bruises on my tummy and I had to get an ultrasound and bloodwork every two days. Everything went really well and we were able to trigger on my birthday and followed all the instructions to a "T" but unfortunately it was unsuccessful in ending in pregnancy.

We went back the next month and the doctor did an ultrasound to get us started on the next round and unfortunately found that I had 3 large cysts on my ovaries. Because of this, we could not move forward with that round. I felt like it was our last chance because I was moving to Utah for the summer to complete my internship.

That was a horrible few weeks and I can honestly say the only reason I was able to get through it because of Jon. He is truly my rock and God placed him in my life as my husband for a reason. He has been so strong at times when I feel weak. I don't know what I would do without him.

So where are we now? Currently everything is on pause until August - which is when I will be back from my internship. We are hoping that when I get back we can jump back into the routine and get this baby cooking!

Now that I'm (almost) done with school, I am going to get on a weekly blogging schedule and possibly starting a youtube channel. So stay tuned - there are good thing to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment